Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Testimony: Learning to Follow Jesus

At first, I was on top of the world once I crossed the line of faith.  Everything about life just seemed better as a follower of Christ.  Since then, I’ve had some struggles and have felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit when I’ve messed up, but I know now that God is with me no matter how stupid and selfish I can get.  Family is incredibly important to me and when Dee Dee crossed the line of faith it was one of the best days of my entire life.  I could barely contain my joy that the woman I love with all my heart is now a follower of Christ.  I know I have a long way to go before I will be anywhere close to being the Christian I want to be.  I am still learning how to be a follower of Christ and He has already made clear some of the changes I need to make.  It’s a lifelong commitment, and like any relationship it takes time and effort to grow.  I have faith that as long as I stay committed to my relationship with God, He will show me the way and show me what I can do to serve Him and glorify Him with my life.   I’m not there yet, but I will do my best to follow the path He lays out for me all the days of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment