All my life, I wanted to get close to God, but I could never figure out how. I grew up Catholic, and while I agree with a lot of what the Catholic Church says, I could never figure out what exactly I was supposed to do to get into heaven. Pray a lot? Read the Bible? Go to church every Sunday? Go to confession every time I did something wrong? The truth is, I could have done all those things and still never found Jesus.
Meanwhile, I heard a lot of other voices proclaiming Christianity on TV and elsewhere, but a lot of them didn't ring true--especially when they promised that God would make you rich! Like a lot of people, I also got turned off when I met people who seemed so Godly on Sunday but would turn into the devil on Monday.
It wasn't until the past couple years that I found churches with real people proclaiming the real Word of God. I found churches like The Link in Beaufort (who inspired the blog's name) where normal people could go and learn about God without having to pretend to be someone they're not, and where the preacher is completely honest about his own failings. Some of them I've only experienced through podcasts, but what amazes me is how I keep hearing the same things over and over preached by different preachers. Why are all these different churches preaching the same things?
Because they're preaching the truth.
While I'm not a preacher or anything, my heart's desire is to glorify God with my writing. Since I'm not going to be writing any bestsellers anytime soon, I figured a blog would be a good way to start. I hope God can use this blog as a link to help bring someone closer to Him, but that's in His hands. Remember that God loves you no matter what you've done and no matter what you do. You don't have to be "churchy" to follow Christ. You just have to love Him and be willing to commit your life to following Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment